Saturday, June 28, 2014

My Alter Ego...Yogini Storm Chaser


Anyone that knows me knows how much I love storms. Some of my best childhood memories are of me and Dad sitting on the front porch in NJ watching the storms come in. My mom would say that when the leaves would all flip over a storm was coming, of course I have no idea if that's really true but I believed it and still do! We would get so excited, we'd sit on the porch and often got soaked from the sideways rain hitting us. It was exhilarating to witness the sky as it turned to smokey grey as the energy of the thunderclouds began rolling above us.  I joke around a lot because sometimes I say I missed my calling to be a meteorologist/storm chaser. I’m not much of a TV watcher but if you asked my husband and even 5 yr old son they would both tell you that the first station I put on is the weather station.  Storm Stories and Tornado Alley are my personal favorites.   

It’s ironic that I teach yoga and hold space for people to calm the storms of the mind.  I'm able to give my students different breath work and relaxation techniques, visualizations, essential oils and yoga postures... but deep down I know I'm the girl that would hanging onto the pole reporting the bad weather and loving every second of it!

I'm currently in Kansas right now experiencing a series of mid west thunderstorms.  Last night I was listening to the rain hit the roof as the wind howled.  The night sky light up every few seconds and the house would literally shake from the thunder...exciting and terrifying all at the same time.  I'm now sitting on the back porch experiencing another thunder storm, breathing in the clean air, feeling so grateful for this beautiful life of mine. 

I get the amazing opportunity to spend the next few months flying back and forth to Wichita to lead my 9th 200hr YogaWorks Teacher Training to another group of Firefly Yogis.  I'm sure I will have lots of inspiration to share.  Thanks for reading.

"
Namaste' Sweet People



 

1 comment:

  1. I love lightning and thunderstorms too! It's incredible what Mother Nature holds!

    ReplyDelete